- De Brauwer, M., Harvey, S. E., McIlwain J. L., Hobbs, J.-P., Jompa, J., Burton, M. (2017) The economic contribution of the muck dive industry to tourism in Southeast Asia. Marine Policy, doi: 10.1016/j.marpol.2017.05.033
- De Brauwer, M., Hobbs, J.-P. (2016) Stars and stripes: biofluorescent lures in the striated frogfish indicate role in aggressive mimicry. Coral Reefs, doi: 10.1007/s00338-016-1493-1
- Camp, E. F., Hobbs, J.-P., De Brauwer, M., Dumbrell, A.J., Smith, D. J. (2016) Cohabitation promotes high diversity of clownfishes in the Coral Triangle. Proc. R. Soc. B 283:20160277
- De Brauwer, M., Camp, E., Jompa, J., Smith, D. J. (2015) High levels of heterospecific cohabitation among anemonefishes in Hoga Island, Indonesia. Marine Biodiversity Records, 1,2
- Hobbs, J., Beger, M., De Brauwer, M., Emslie, M. J. (2014). North-eastern range extension of the anemone Stichodactyla haddoni to the Marshall Islands represents a new record of host use by the endemic anemonefish Amphiprion tricinctus. Marine Biodiversity Records, 7, e106
- De Brauwer, M. (2017) Blueringed madness. The Scuba News: uk.thescubanews.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2017) Reef raving revisited: 4 good reasons for fish to glow in the dark. Deep Sea News: http://www.deepseanews.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) Thinking about sand and the fish (and researchers) that call it home. Fish Thinkers: fishthinkers.wordpress.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) A few things you never knew about seahorses. The Scuba News: uk.thescubanews.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) Fluo frogfish lures. The Scuba News: uk.thescubanews.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) Man and Seahorse. The Big Blue Book: Seahorse Edition, issue 1/2016.
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) The Economic Value of Muck Critters. http://www.uw360.asia
- De Brauwer, M. (2015) Why Muck Matters…The science behind the pictures. Underwater Macro Photographers eMagazine, issue 26
- De Brauwer, M. (2015) The value of muck critters. http://www.wetpixel.com
- “Biofluorescence as a survey tool for cryptic fishes”. Outstanding presentation award + Winner photo competition: Public’s choice. ACRS conference 2017. July 2016, Townsville, Australia.
- “Impacts of flash photography on Syngnathidae”. SyngBio 2017. May 2017, Florida, USA.
- “Involving stakeholders: Collaborations with the scuba diving industry”. CommOcean 2016, 2nd International Marine Science Communication Conference. December 2016, Bruges, Belgium.
- “Biofluorescence as a survey tool for rare and cryptic marine species”. Prize best poster presentation. 13th International Coral Reef Symposium. June 2016, Honolulu, USA.
- “The Economic Value of Muck Critters”. Asia Dive Expo. April 17th 2016, Singapore.
- “Fluorescence in camouflaged Species”. Asia Dive Expo. April 17th 2016, Singapore.
- “Cryptobenthic fauna in Southeast Asia”. Prize best student presentation. Curtin Marine and Coastal Research Network – Inaugural Conference. February 18th 2016, Perth, Australia.
- “Coexistence of anemonefishes in the Wakatobi National park” 1st International Conference on Science. November 19th 2014, Makassar, Indonesia.
- “Extinction Risk in Anemonefishes” 3rd International Marine Conservation Congress. August 15th 2014, Glasgow, United Kingdom.