- De Brauwer, M., Harvey, E. S., Ambo-Rappe, R., McIlwain, J. L. , Jompa, J., Saunders, B. J. (2018) High diversity, but low abundance of cryptobenthic fishes on soft sediment habitats in Southeast Asia. Estuarine, Coastal, and Shelf Science, doi: 10.1016/j.ecss.2018.11.014
- De Brauwer, M, Saunders, B. J., Ambo-Rappe, R., Jompa, J., McIlwain, J.L., Harvey E. S. (2018) Time to stop mucking around? Impacts of underwater photography on cryptobenthic fauna found in soft sediment habitats. Journal of Environmental Management, doi: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2018.04.047
- De Brauwer, M, Burton, M (2018) Known unknowns: Conservation and research priorities for soft sediment fauna supporting a valuable scuba diving industry. Ocean and Coastal Management, doi: 10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2018.03.045
- De Brauwer, M., Hobbs, J.-P., Ambo-Rappe, R., Jompa, J., Harvey, S. E., McIlwain J. L., (2018) Biofluorescence as a survey tool for cryptic marine species. Conservation Biology, doi: 10.1111/cobi.13033
- Grutter, L., De Brauwer, M., Bshary. R., Cheney, K.L., Cribb, T.H., Madin, E.M.P., McClure E.C., Meekan, M.G., Sun, D., Warner R.R., Werminghausen, J., Sikkel, P.C. (2017). Parasite infestation increases on coral reefs without cleaner fish. Coral Reefs, doi: 10.1007/s00338-017-1628-z
- De Brauwer, M., Harvey, S. E., McIlwain J. L., Hobbs, J.-P., Jompa, J., Burton, M. (2017) The economic contribution of the muck dive industry to tourism in Southeast Asia. Marine Policy, doi: 10.1016/j.marpol.2017.05.033
- De Brauwer, M., Hobbs, J.-P. (2016) Stars and stripes: biofluorescent lures in the striated frogfish indicate role in aggressive mimicry. Coral Reefs, doi: 10.1007/s00338-016-1493-1
- Camp, E. F., Hobbs, J.-P., De Brauwer, M., Dumbrell, A.J., Smith, D. J. (2016) Cohabitation promotes high diversity of clownfishes in the Coral Triangle. Proceedings of the Royal Society B doi: 10.1098/rspb.2016.0277
- De Brauwer, M., Camp, E., Jompa, J., Smith, D. J. (2015) High levels of heterospecific cohabitation among anemonefishes in Hoga Island, Indonesia. Marine Biodiversity Records, doi: 10.1007/s12526-015-0343-7
- Hobbs, J., Beger, M., De Brauwer, M., Emslie, M. J. (2014). North-eastern range extension of the anemone Stichodactyla haddoni to the Marshall Islands represents a new record of host use by the endemic anemonefish Amphiprion tricinctus. Marine Biodiversity Records, doi: 10.1017/S1755267214001055
- De Brauwer, M. (2018) The fish that makes like a tree. Lateral Magazine: http://www.lateralmag.com
- De Brauwer, M (2018) Things you didn’t know about your favourite critters. Asian Diver Magazine
- De Brauwer, M. (2018) Time to stop mucking around? Wetpixel: wetpixel.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2018) Now you see us: how casting an eerie glow on fish can help count and conserve them. The Conversation: theconversation.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2017) A ray by any other name. Lateral Magazine: www.lateralmag.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2017) Blueringed madness. The Scuba News: uk.thescubanews.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2017) Reef raving revisited: 4 good reasons for fish to glow in the dark. Deep Sea News: http://www.deepseanews.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) Thinking about sand and the fish (and researchers) that call it home. Fish Thinkers: fishthinkers.wordpress.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) A few things you never knew about seahorses. The Scuba News: uk.thescubanews.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) Fluo frogfish lures. The Scuba News: uk.thescubanews.com
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) Man and Seahorse. The Big Blue Book: Seahorse Edition, issue 1/2016.
- De Brauwer, M. (2016) The Economic Value of Muck Critters. http://www.uw360.asia
- De Brauwer, M. (2015) Why Muck Matters…The science behind the pictures. Underwater Macro Photographers eMagazine, issue 26
- De Brauwer, M. (2015) The value of muck critters. http://www.wetpixel.com
- “Hidden in plain sight: cryptobenthic fish diversity on soft sediment habitats”. 10th Indo-Pacific Fish Conference. October 2017, Tahiti, French Polynesia
- “Biofluorescence as a survey tool for cryptic fishes”. Outstanding presentation award + Winner photo competition: Public’s choice. ACRS conference 2017. July 2016, Townsville, Australia.
- “Impacts of flash photography on Syngnathidae”. SyngBio 2017. May 2017, Florida, USA.
- “Involving stakeholders: Collaborations with the scuba diving industry”. CommOcean 2016, 2nd International Marine Science Communication Conference. December 2016, Bruges, Belgium.
- “Biofluorescence as a survey tool for rare and cryptic marine species”. Prize best poster presentation. 13th International Coral Reef Symposium. June 2016, Honolulu, USA.
- “The Economic Value of Muck Critters”. Asia Dive Expo. April 17th 2016, Singapore.
- “Fluorescence in camouflaged Species”. Asia Dive Expo. April 17th 2016, Singapore.
- “Cryptobenthic fauna in Southeast Asia”. Prize best student presentation. Curtin Marine and Coastal Research Network – Inaugural Conference. February 18th 2016, Perth, Australia.
- “Coexistence of anemonefishes in the Wakatobi National park” 1st International Conference on Science. November 19th 2014, Makassar, Indonesia.
- “Extinction Risk in Anemonefishes” 3rd International Marine Conservation Congress. August 15th 2014, Glasgow, United Kingdom.